The Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative will cease fundraising operations at the end of 2013. Read more here
Please review these important dates:
- February 15, 2013: All bookings for the traveling exhibit "Alzheimer's Illustrated: From Heartbreak to Hope" must be finalized.
- March 1, 2013: First online auction of quilts from "Alzheimer's Illustrated: From Heartbreak to Hope" traveling exhibit.
- April 1, 2013 Last online auction of quilts from "Alzheimer's Illustrated: From Heartbreak to Hope traveling exhibit. Thirty Name Quilts will be auctioned during the first 10 days of April. The rest of the Name Quilts will be offered for sale during the fall.
- July 2013: Last month to participate in the Quilt-A-Month Club.
- August 1, 2013: Last day to register Priority: Alzheimer's Quilts. Quilts delivered to scanners after August 20 will be refused.
- October 1-10: The first 27 Priority: Alzheimer's Quilts from the traveling exhibit will be auctioned online.
- October 29 - November 3, 2013: International Quilt Festival. We have been invited back one last time to sell quilts in Houston, TX.
- November 1-10, 2013: Celebrity Invitational Online Quilt Auction
- December 1-10: The last 27 Priority: Alzheimer's Quilts from the traveling exhibit will be auctioned online.
- December 30, 2013: Last day Priority: Alzheimer's Quilts can be purchased online.
- December 31, 2013: Quilts For Sale and Donation pages will be removed from the AAQI website and all solicitations will cease.
- 2014-2015: The Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative will monitor research grants awarded in 2013. The AQQI web page will be left intact for at least six months. Any funds not needed to sustain the AAQI's final expenses will be donated to research. Remaining assets will be disposed of according to IRS regulations after which time the corporation will be dissolved.
There is still much work to this year as we sprint to the finish line. I hope everyone who reads this will join in, either as a seasoned veteran or a first time quilt donor or quilt buyer. We will continue to make a difference until the very last quilt is sold. Let's make 2013 the best year ever!
Thank you for your support,
Founder & Executive Director
Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative