MAKE A DONATION QUILT
Priority: Alzheimer's Quilts
Make finding a cure for Alzheimer's disease a priority — create mini art quilts for the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative!
Your quilt will be sold or auctioned to raise awareness and to fund Alzheimer's research. How your quilt will be sold, and at what price, is it at the discretion of the AAQI. Each quilt will have its own web page and when it sells the purchase price of the quilt will be listed there.
Each quilt must be registered individually. The process assigns certain rights to the AAQI and it helps us create a web page for each of your quilts.The last day to register Priority: Alzheimer's Quilts is August 1, 2013. Read more here.
This Priority: Alzheimer's Quilt project is administered by volunteers and only possible if everyone follows the rules.
Here Are The Rules
- Priority: Alzheimer's Quilts must be no larger than 9" x 12" No exceptions. Anything that hangs off the quilt (fringe, tassels, cording, handles, feathers, loops, etc.) must not extend beyond the 9" x 12" maximum size allowed.
- Quilts may be Alzheimer's-themed, but don't have to be. They DO have to be quilts: that's three layers, and the middle one is batting of some sort.
- Embellishments that can not withstand frequent stacking, sliding, shuffling against other quilts (or may harm other quilts that come in contact with them) are not allowed. No framed or mounted pieces.
- Fast Finish Triangles are the preferred "sleeving" method.
- Designs from patterns, books, magazine, web pages, etc. require, permission of the copyright holder in writing. When registering, indicate that written permission has been secured. Send it in with your quilt.
- All rights to the quilt are retained by the designer except the rights to exhibit, sell, and publish the quilt you donate with/or without accompanying information (anywhere, everywhere, and in all media, in perpetuity) for the purposes of awareness, publicity, and fundraising. These rights are given to the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative by the act of by donating a quilt.
- Quilts must be registered by the maker or by a Temporary Quilt Registration Goddess. (Link below as well.) Please do not use quotation marks around the title and please carefully proofread your registration, including your email address. Use upper and lower case when typing. If you send a registration in all capital or all lower case letters, it will be returned to you for correction. Please note that AAQI has complete editorial control over your registration once submitted.
- Each quilt must be registered, individually, AFTER it is completed. An AAQI volunteer will assign a number to your quilt and email shipping instructions to you. This is a manual process and you should receive a number within 3 to 7 business days. Please do not register your quilt until it is ready to be shipped, and ship your quilt as soon as you can once you've received your number and instructions.
- Quiltmakers will not be notified when their quilts sell nor who has purchased it. Messages for future owners may be attached to the backs quilts as long as they don't interfere with photography.
- Quilts do NOT need to be mailed separately, nor do they need to be shipped priority mail. Put as many as you can in a box and send them any way you want. When printing the registration email to accompany your quilt, please use an easily legible size type font. Please do not cut these printouts - we need a full 8.5x11" sheet.
Please do not ever send unregistered quilts!
Register your quilts!
"It is a hard and challenging sistership.... this journey of ours, but we have the blessing of understanding one another's commitment to this cause, as well as our shared losses."
Michele M. Bilyeu
Salem, OR (Douglas, AK)