Are you an expert?
The Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative depends on its supporters for the work that gets done. One person can't do it all. (Nor can just a handful of people.)
Do you have a skill that you would be willing to donate? Here's a list of "extra hands" we wish we had to move the AAQI forward:
- Public Relations: Does anybody out there run a PR firm who could take us under their wing? We need everything from advice to a subscription service that distributes press releases.
- Scientific Research: Do you do research? Do you know people in the scientific community (universities, hospitals, nonprofit research facilities) who conduct Alzheimer's research? We need someone to drop a few hints that the Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative has grant money available.
- Legal Work: Are you an attorney who specializes in nonprofits? Might you happen to work for a large firm that would take on the AAQI pro bono? We don't have any immediate concerns, but we'd like a go-to person for questions about the next contract, licensing agreement, UBI, registrations to solicit….stuff like that.
- Computer Whiz: Are you familiar with Yahoo store? Can you create forms to simplify the Priority: Alzheimer's Quilt registration process? Can you show us how to work with FIELDS in Microsoft Word?
- Funeral Home Director: The Alzheimer's Art Quilt Initiative should be listed in the software programs available to funeral homes, along with other charities, so that it too can receive donations in lieu of flowers when final arrangements are being made.
- Media Art Directors: Next time Newsweek writes about Alzheimer's wouldn't it be great if they would illustrate their article with one of our quilts? How do we make it known that these images are available? For next to nothing.
- Famous People: Do you know any famous people who you would be willing to ask for an autograph? On fabric? With a permanent pen? How about an old shirt? (Theirs, not yours.) I feel some Priority: Alzheimer's Quilts coming on. Nothing right away, just percolating.
If YOU wish to donate your services, please contact me. If you have a sibling, child, or neighbor's mother-in-law with the expertise we are looking for, please have THAT person contact me.