Indianapolis, IN USA
Width: 9" Length: 11.75"
Materials/Techniques: Part of an old scarf (possibly silk), cotton lace and trim with a poly background. The urn is hand appliquéd and quilted. I hand quilted around the birds and added a second layer of batting to just the birds, then machine quilted all around the urn and birds. The background is machine quilted. I used part of an old cotton blanket as the batting.
Artist Statement: Someday the cure will be a reality not just a dream. This urn motif was part of an old scarf. The scarf had quite a few rips but I was able to save the urn. It was just black on beige and faded so I used my paint pens to give it a little color. I reminds me of college toga parties. The birds are announcing the details of the party. I make up little scenarios to go with the quilts as I'm working on them. It keeps me smiling.
This quilt has Fast Finish Triangles.
This quilt earned $69.28 for the AAQI.